safety myths & facts
- ARE OILS SAFE INTERNALLY? DōTERRA oils - yes, when noted as safe for Internal use. Check the bottles for nutritional facts. If they have them then they can be ingested!
- CAN I BE ALLERGIC? https://doterra.com/…/essential-oil-safety-and-application-…
- DOES LAVENDER CAUSE BOYS TO GROW BREASTS? - No. Lavender does not contain any estrogen.
- ARE PEPPERMINT AND EUCALYPTUS SAFE FOR CHILDREN AND INGESTION? https://doterra.com/…/science-safety-physiology-peppermint-…
doTERRA Eucalyptus single oil is Eucalyptus Radiata. BUT, the Eucalyptus that is in OnGuard and Breathe Drops is Eucalyptus Globus, it is a different species. The Globus variety is GRAS by the FDA. (Ingestible- the eucalyptus in Onguard is ingestible)
DōTERRA oils are different and there are many that can be ingested.
- **It has come to our attention that there are concerns with the ingredient “carrageenan” that is used in doTERRA's vegetarian softgels. At dōTERRA, your health is very important to us and we would never use an ingredient that wasn’t thoroughly researched and known to be safe.
dōTERRA only uses long chain carrageenan molecules—which have been shown to be safe—in our products. Carrageenan is simply a type of fiber that is not digested or absorbed by the intestinal tract. It is therefore unable to enter the blood stream by ingestion.
We thank you for your concerns and hope you will use our softgel products with confidence, knowing that they are safe for your body. For additional questions regarding carrageenan, please contact: email@example.com.
- EXPIRATION: Do essential oils expire? There are expiration dates on the bottom of your bottles as required by the FDA because they are consumable products. Oils lose efficacy over time but to make that last longer:
2. Keep them out of direct sunlight
3. Keep the lids on- oxygen may cause them to evaporate
You will read all kinds of conflicting information online. Follow the tips above, use your oils regularly and use common sense and you'll be fine.